Thursday, April 05, 2012

Hitchcock inspired works for Gallery 1988

"Ms. Torso's Apartmant"
"Dial M for Busted"
"Put a Bird on It"

New works for "Suspense and Gallows Humor: A Tribute to Alfred Hitchcock", an exhibition opening up at Gallery 1988 (Venice Location) on April 13th. I've alway been a major Hitchcock fan and was super excited when asked to take part in this show... along with a bunch of other great artists.

One of my all time favorite movies is "Rear Window". The sets and the details in every scene and every shot are so amazing. I've seen it so many times that I could have drawn Ms. Torso's apartment from memory if I needed to... "Dial M for Murder" and "The Birds" are also films I've seen a hundred times and are easy to be inspired by.

So if you're in LA swing by and check it out. If you're not, you'll be able to see the art online after the opening date.

No comments: